Vention Cat.6 UTP Patch Cable 5M Black
|Vention Cat.6 UTP Patch Cable 5M Black|
The Vention Cat.6 UTP Patch Cable is a type of Ethernet cable designed to support higher data transfer speeds and better performance compared to its predecessor, Cat.5e cables. The “Cat.6” in the name refers to its category, which is a standard set by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to define the cable’s performance capabilities.
Here’s a breakdown of the components in the product name:
- Vention: This is the brand name of the manufacturer or seller of the cable.
- Cat.6: As mentioned earlier, this indicates the category of the cable. Cat.6 cables are capable of higher bandwidths, up to 250 MHz, and are designed to support faster data transmission rates, making them suitable for various applications like gaming, streaming, and file transfers.
- UTP: UTP stands for Unshielded Twisted Pair. It means that the cable does not have additional shielding to protect against electromagnetic interference. However, Cat.6 cables are designed with internal twisted pairs, which helps reduce crosstalk and enhances signal integrity.
- Patch Cable: This type of cable is commonly used for short-distance connections within local area networks (LANs), connecting devices like computers, routers, switches, and other networking equipment.
- 5M: This indicates the length of the cable, which is 5 meters (approximately 16.4 feet). Patch cables come in various lengths to accommodate different setups and distances between devices.
- Black: This is the color of the cable’s outer jacket. The color doesn’t affect the cable’s performance but can help with organization and identification in network installations.