Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
We Collect Information When
- You purchase, return the order, make an order, exchange or request services and products from the sites or mobile phones
- You create a Phonex Technologies account
- You connect with us regarding customer service through our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Sites or participate in any interactive features of the Sites or mobile applications
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or twitter channel. You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Technologies Used
We may use tracking web beacons/pixels, cookies or other technologies to store and receive certain types of information. This information is inclusive of IP (Internet protocol) address, time/date stamp, browser information and clickstream data. This information is helpful in customization of our website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also us to present features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content offered on other mobile applications or website. For us to meet the best customer experience feasible, we also use this information for analysis and reporting purposes such as your shopping history. response to marketing efforts and performance of our marketing efforts.
- User Experience Information
For us to improve the customer online experience, assist with identifying a fraud, and assist our customer care representatives to resolve any issue arising when making online purchases, there are tools that we use to monitor the user experience information. This includes but not limited to IP addresses, login information, certain actions taken on the pages visited (eg information entered during checking out process) and data regarding the number of pages visited, and browser information.
- Information from Other Sources
We may also derive information from companies that can improve our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and also add on the information that we have about our customer. This enhances our prerequisite to contact you and improve on th e relevancy of our marketing and offering our customers better product recommendations or special offers that we may think interest you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data in the forms and also collect the IP address of the visitor and browser user agent string to assist in detecting spam.
If you upload images to the website, embedded location data location (EXIF GPS)) images should be avoided. the visitors on this website are allowed to download or extract any location data from the images on this website.
If you decide to leave a comment on our site, you may opt to save your name and email address and the bcookies of the website. Apparently, they are for convinience so that you will not be required to fill in your details the next time you login. These cookies will last for one year.
If you create an account and you loogin, we will set up a temporarly cookie to determine whether your browser accepts the said cookies. These cookies contains personal information and is discarded once you close the browser.
When you log in to our site, we will set up several cookies to save your login data and your screen display choices. Apparently, the login cookies last for 48 hours and the screen options last for 12 months. In any case you select “remember me” option; your log in information will be saved for two weeks. If you login from your account then the cookies will be removed.
If you publish or edit an article, the additional cookies will be saved on the browser. The cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article that was just edited. It expires in 24 hrs.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include most of the embedded contents such as articles, images and videos. The embedded content from other sites behave exact the same way as if the visitor was on other websites.
These sites may get information about you, use the cookies, monitor your interaction and embed additional third party tracking including tracing your interactions with the content embedded if you have an account that is logged to that website.
We may use web beacons, tracking pixels, cookies and other technologies to store or receive certain types of information. The information may include internet protocol address, time/date stamp, browser information and click stream data. The information is helpful in customizing your website experience and ensures that our marketing messages are relevant. It gives the prerequisite to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This may include our content given on other websites or mobile applications. For us to provide the best customer experience possible, we use information for analysis and reporting purposes, such as how you shop on our website, your response to marketing efforts and the performance of our marketing efforts.
Who we share your data with
We do not rent or sell personally identifiable customer information on to third parties; except under minimal circumstances outlined herein, we may share the information to third party.
We may disclose your information on the event that we believe that such disclosure is necessary in compliance with the law including law enforcement requirement or national security; to apply or enforce applicable conditions and terms and other agreements; or protect the rights, safety or property of our company
When You Direct Us
-At your direction or request, we may share your information.
-If some or all of our business assets are transferred or sold, we generally would transfer the information that corresponds regarding our customers. We also retain a copy of customer information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, its metadata and comments ate indefinitely retained. This is so we can approve and recognize any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If any user registers on our website, we also store personal information they present in their user profile. All the users can edit, see or delete their personal information at any time except they cannot change their user name. The website administrators can also edit or see that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of personal data we hold about you which includes the information that you have provided us. You can request that we delete any personal information we hold about you. This is not inclusive of any data that we are obliged to keep for security, legal or administrative purposes.
Where we send your data
The comments of the visitor may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information.
If you do not wish to be receiving promotional communication from us, you may call us on +254742702088 to opt out. This opt out does not apply to operational communication, for example, confirmation of delivery address.
How we protect your data
- We maintain electronic, physical, administrative and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of information transmitted to us.
- Please note that the e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request credit information, your password, or other r information through email
Information About Children
- We understand the basic importance of protecting customer privacy where children are involved. We will never knowingly collect or request personal information from any person under 14 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a person is under 14 years of age and has submitted information, for any purpose without verifiable consent from the parent, we will delete his/her data from our files.
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We also require our customers to take the necessary measures need to help in protecting information from their online accounts including the following:
- Use complex passwords or passphrases
- Install the latest antivirus software and security updates on your computer to help prevent viruses and malware.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
- Do not share your password with others.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If you are concerned about your data you have the basic right to request access to personal data that we may hold or process about you. You have every right to require us to correct any discrepancies in your data for free. At any point in time, you have the right to ask us to stoping using any personal data that we may have for direct marketing purposes.
What third parties we receive data from
The use of our Software may be inclusive of products and services by third party providers whereas data may also be processed outside the EU
We process personal data of the users or other users provided by a customer i.e. Customer remains the sole controller of such data and we act as data processors subject to a different data processing agreement.
A list of third party providers and data processing is set forth here. Whereas each of third party provider who process data outside EU has a respective guarantee to comply with the EU data protection standards.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
The information by other business customers in the software will be in effect by an automated decision making via profiling such data for the purposes of enhancing the software and our services. For details about profiling, read IV below
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
Other cookies will be used to keep track of the cart content while browsing our site.
When you purchase from us, we will ask you to give us information including your billing address, name, email address, shipping address, credit card/payment details, phone number and optional account information like username and password. We will use such information to:
- Send you information about your order and account
- Respond to your requests, including complaints and refunds.
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal entities we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Apparently, we store your data as long as we need the information for the purposes of collecting and using it and collect it, and we are not legally required to continue keeping it. For instance, we will store order information for a maximum of four years for accounting and tax purposes. This includes your email address, name, shipping and billing addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
The members of our team have the access to information that you give us. For instance, both the shop managers and administrators can access:
- Customer information like your email address, name, shipping and billing address information.
- Order information like what we purchased, the time of purchase and where it should be sent.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
-We do not rent or sell PIN(personally identifiable information to third parties; except under limited circumstances outline below, we may share information on with third parties.
-We may disclose information if the law stipulates so when we believe that such information is appropriate to comply with the laws of the land or to protect the property, rights and safety of our company, our customers and others.
When You Direct Us
-At your direction or request, we may share your information.
-If some or all of our business assets are transferred or sold, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We may retain a copy of the customer information.
We accept payments through Mpesa, Direct Bank Transfer, Cash on Delivery, Paypal, Mastercards, Visa. When processing payments, some of your will be passed to payment gateway like PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Caldera Forms: Data Collection
Caldera Forms are used to store a record of all customer submissions. Your data may be deleted by the site administrator for privacy purposes. You may request a report of the data saved related to your email address.
The caldera forms stores information only for a short period for each submission. The Uploaded media files may remain on our servers for future reference.
Some data may be shared with other services including [list services such as MailChimp, PayPal]